[logback-user] ThrowableProxy and instanceof in EventEvaluator

Hontvári József hontvari at flyordie.com
Mon Sep 28 00:25:27 CEST 2009

In an event evaluator called in an option of an "ex" formatting
specifier I would use a "throwable instanceof example" expression.
This is the same as in Example 5.3 in the documentation, which also uses
instanceof.

This doesn't work because the throwable object is not a Throwable but a
ThrowableProxy.

Again, at another place, in the table at the beginning of the "Evaluator
Filters taking Java Expressions" section in chapter Filters it is shown
that the type of throwable is Throwable (annd not ThrowableProxy).

Somehow I still get a ThrowableProxy instead of Throwable.