[logback-user] SMTPAppender with multiple evaluators

Naor Yuval n.yuval at itpcorporation.com
Tue Apr 6 19:34:23 CEST 2010

Hi.

I am looking to implement an SmtpAppender that will allow to specify
"delivery rules" based on the evaluation of the error-log.

For example, for some specific exceptions we wish to send the first
occurrence, then buffer the rest and send a digest every hour.

For other specific exception types we wish to send each log immediately

What is the recommended way to implement such behavior? Could appenders
be chained somehow to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Naor