[logback-user] Log file path set at runtime

David Roussel nabble at diroussel.xsmail.com
Thu Aug 5 21:30:09 CEST 2010

Fud,

It sounds obvious but you have to initialise your system property before you initialise logback.

Logback initialises the first time LoggerFactory.getLogger() is called. So if you have you logger as a static member in your main class then it's going to get initialised too soon.

In your main class you can have a logger member, but have it initially set to null. In your main method work out you app base property. Then do 'log = LoggerFactory.getLogger(...)'.

I do some something like this and it works for me.

David