[logback-user] Hang with SMTPAppender

Jeff Jensen jjensen at apache.org
Sat Aug 14 15:23:33 CEST 2010

Tying up loose ends... so many problems later!

I started resolving the needed compile deps to run
SMTPAppender_SubethaSMTPTest, but never finished.  I found that having a
DEBUG logger on org.subethamail causes the test to hang, as simple as:

  <logger name="org.subethamail" level="DEBUG" />

My guess is the tiny bit of extra processing of its messages must cause a
race condition to miss reading the response (?).

Any chance of adding the timeout attribute to SMTP appender?  I still think
it is a good idea, and would like to set it.
http://jira.qos.ch/browse/LBCLASSIC-220