[logback-user] Multiple JVMs writing to a single log file

Becker, Thomas Thomas.Becker at netapp.com
Fri Aug 27 20:50:34 CEST 2010

Sun 1.6.  I think the exact version is 1.6.0_17, but I'm not 100% sure as it was a colleague that observed the behavior on his machine.  After some investigation around this feature I'm guessing that even though it appears to work for short periods, that we are likely to run into issues when log files get rotated.  Again, we didn't intentionally try this, it's more like something we noticed after the fact and were surprised that it seemed to work.