[logback-user] Access logs + SocketAppender + SimpleSocketServer

Denis Bazhenov dotsid at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 08:51:19 CET 2010

I'm trying to use SimpleSocketServer (from logback-access) for remote
logging of AccessEvent's. The problem I faced is following. When object get
deserialized in SocketNode on line 64 it has no httpRequest (it's simply
null). There is debugger dump of event:

event = instance of ch.qos.logback.access.spi.AccessEvent(id=932)
Thread-1[1] dump event
 event = {
    serialVersionUID: 866718993618836343
    NA: "-"
    NA_STRING_ARRAY: instance of java.lang.String[1] (id=914)
    EMPTY: ""
    SENTINEL: -1
    httpRequest: null
    httpResponse: null
    requestURI: "/"
    requestURL: "GET / HTTP/1.1"
    remoteHost: "192.168.20.179"
    remoteUser: null
    remoteAddr: "192.168.20.179"
    protocol: "HTTP/1.1"
    method: "GET"
    serverName: "jetty-test"
    requestContent: ""
    responseContent: ""
    requestHeaderMap: instance of java.util.TreeMap(id=938)
    requestParameterMap: instance of java.util.HashMap(id=939)
    responseHeaderMap: instance of java.util.HashMap(id=940)
    contentLength: 1288
    statusCode: 503
    localPort: 8080
    serverAdapter: null
    timeStamp: 1291621192027
}

So later this gives me NPE in AccessEvent.buildRequestHeaderMap().

Where I should look? Is this some serialization/deserialization problems?