[logback-user] using logback in an API w/o impacting other applications

Richard Sand Richard.Sand at skyworthttg.com
Tue Dec 28 21:46:25 CET 2010

Hi all,

In an API I had to write for a client to interface with an COTS
application, I used log4j to bridge to the COTS application's log
capability. To totally isolate the usage of log4j in the API I created a
wrapper around a Logger with its own Hierarchy.  I'm wondering if there
is an analogous mechanism for accomplishing this in logback.

public final class AgentLogger {

    public static Hierarchy     heirarchy                 = new
Hierarchy(new RootLogger(Level.TRACE));

    private Logger              wl                        = null;

    /**

     * Private constructor

     *

     * @param name

     */

    private AgentLogger (String name) {

        wl = heirarchy.getLogger(name);

        wl.setAdditivity(false);

    }

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Best regards,

Richard Sand | CEO
239 Kings Highway East | Haddonfield | New Jersey 08033 | USA
Mobile: +1 267 984 3651| Office: +1 856 795 1722| Fax: +1 856 795 1733

  <http://www.skyworthttg.com/>