[logback-user] Logback implementation for MySQL database

Shivashankar Heggade Ramachandra Bhatt H.Shivashankar at igate.com
Fri Jan 8 10:15:41 CET 2010

Hi,

One of our MAVEN project is using Logback and it is having requirement to store the log content into MySQL db (version 5.0). Below are my Logback configuration and the output for the same.

            CONFIGURATION

<configuration debug="false">
  <appender name="STDOUT" class="ch.qos.logback.core.ConsoleAppender">
    <layout class="ch.qos.logback.classic.PatternLayout">
      <pattern>[%level] %X{module} %msg%n</pattern>
    </layout>
  </appender>
              <appender name="DB" class="ch.qos.logback.classic.db.DBAppender">
                        <connectionSource class="ch.qos.logback.core.db.DriverManagerConnectionSource">
                          <driverClass>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driverClass>
                          <url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/logback_db</url>
                          <user>root</user>
                          <password>mypassword</password>
                          <insertHeaders>true</insertHeaders>
                        </connectionSource>
              </appender>

  <root>
            <level value="${ROOT_LOGGER_LEVEL}"/>
            <appender-ref ref="DB" />
  </root>
  <root>
 <level value="${ROOT_LOGGER_LEVEL}"/>
 <appender-ref ref="STDOUT"/>
  </root>
</configuration>

OUTPUT IN THE CONSOLE

For correct db parameters
[INFO] [app-core:internal]
Driver name=MySQL-AB JDBC Driver
Driver version=mysql-connector-java-5.0.8 ( Revision: ${svn.Revision} )
supportsGetGeneratedKeys=true
true
            For wrong db parameters
                        [INFO] [app-core:internal] false

The above configuration is not creating any db tables and not able to store the content. Please let me know the necessary changes to these configurations.
Thanks in advance...

--
Thanks and Regards
Shivashankar

iGATE is Ranked No. 1 in DQ-IDC best IT employer survey and Ranked No.2
by Business Today-Mercer Human Resource Consulting-TNS  in a cross industry survey of Best Companies to work for in India
Information transmitted by this EMAIL is proprietary to iGATE Group of Companies and is intended for use only by the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this EMAIL immediately notify the sender at iGATE or mailadmin at igate.com
and delete this EMAIL including any attachments