[logback-user] Using logback from tomcat and webapp

Justin Nixon justin at nileguide.com
Tue Jul 13 00:20:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to use logback for both tomcat internal logging and for all logging from my web app.  I was able to accomplish routing all logging through logback by placing logback-classic, logback-core and jcl-over-slf4j into my Tomcat 5.5\common\lib directory and the corresponding logback.xml file into the Tomcat 5.5\common\classes.  However, I'm unable to use any custom layouts and appenders.  Is there a recommended way to include another logback.xml file in my webapp so that I can use custom layouts and appenders?

I'm experimenting with JoranConfigurator, but I haven't had any luck yet.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Justin