[logback-user] Integrating OSGi (Felix), Logback and SLF4J

Sander de Groot s.degroot at jdi.nl
Tue Jul 13 15:09:59 CEST 2010

> I think you should concentrate on the code for distinguishing the
> bundles.  I am fairly certain that distinguishing the bundles is the
> crux of the problem. Once that is done, you can choose between
> multiple contexts or SiftingAppender. I suggest you post some code for
> discussion.
When I think of the best way to distinguish between bundles, I think of
creating new logging contexts based on installing/uninstalling bundles.
Perhaps it's best to create a new OSGi service which creates new logging
contexts based on bundle ID's or bundle names.

But for this to work I need to be able to create multiple name-based
contexts within logback.
The following (simplified) architecture would form:
   Logback < SLF4J < Custom Logging Service < CustomBundle

With the above architecture I'd be able to determine which bundle wants
to log something and would also be able to have a specific configuration
per bundle. However this will only work if I'm able to create multiple
contexts, is there a way for me to do this?

I greatly appreciate your replies.

Regards,

Sander