[logback-user] RollingFileAppender Issues

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Sat Jul 24 00:46:10 CEST 2010

On 24/07/2010 12:36 AM, Omar Alrubaiyan wrote:

 > I'm not running the logger in prudent mode, there's only one logger
 > object running on one JVM which receives RMI calls. Infact, I did try
 > turning on prudent mode to see if it made a difference and the logger
 > stopped outputting any log messages.Thanks,Omar

Probably another process has an open file handle for the log file. I
suggest adding an OnConsoleStatusListener either programmatically or
to your config file. See
http://logback.qos.ch/manual/configuration.html#statusListener

Adding an OnConsoleStatusListener is a very good way of debugging
logback related issues.