[logback-user] Separating the logging-output of libraries in tomcat/shared

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Mon Mar 1 19:25:41 CET 2010

You are right. ContextBasedDiscriminator will not help you because the context
name is retreived from the LoggingEvent which ultimately gets its value from the
calling logger. If the calling logger is attached to the wrong context,
ContextBasedDiscriminator will give you the wrong context name. Sorry for
misleading you.

However, I've written a new discriminator which should work assuming you have
installed ContextJNDISelector as explained in

  http://logback.qos.ch/manual/loggingSeparation.html

JNDIBasedContextDiscriminator can be found at

http://github.com/ceki/logback/blob/90e50c/logback-classic/src/main/java/ch/qos/logback/classic/sift/JNDIBasedContextDiscriminator.java

   or the same in tiny-speak

   http://tinyurl.com/yb6pdj2

Getting values from JNDIBasedContextDiscriminator, SiftingAppender will get the
correct context name and things should work much better. Give it a try.