[logback-user] Servername in SocketAppender

Ingo Siebert ingo.siebert at cas.de
Thu Mar 4 10:17:09 CET 2010

Hi,

I want to use the SocketAppender to collect log messages from more than
one application server.

It general it works fine, but I'm missing the servername or IP address
of the server who sent the LoggingEvent.
That means I need a layout like this: %date %servername %m%n

In the documentation, I see a SocketAppender property called
IncludeCallerData.
But in the example it only prints %file and %line.

What is the best practise to add the name/IP of the server which sent
the logging event to the remote SimpleSocketServer?
Best regards,

Ingo