[logback-user] logback always printing status information?!

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Mon Mar 22 15:47:59 CET 2010

Hello Christian,

You can register a status listener which will be notified anytime a new status
message is created. See [1]. Logback ships with a listener called
OnConsoleStatusListener which prints status messages on the console. It is
installed as

<configuration>
  <statusListener class="ch.qos.logback.core.status.OnConsoleStatusListener" />
   ... the rest of the configuration file
</configuration>

Its installation is highly recommended. You could fairly easily develop your own
listener which writes to a file.

HTH,

[1] http://logback.qos.ch/manual/configuration.html#statusListener