[logback-user] logback output date using GMT instead of local time

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Tue Mar 23 09:31:38 CET 2010

Hello Ted,

In addition to the date pattern, the date converter admits a second option as
the timezone. Thus, the '%date{HH:mm:ss.SSS,Australia/Perth} would print the
time in the time zone of Perth Australia, the worlds most isolated city.

Givent that the comma ',' is the option separator, the pattern string
[HH:mm:ss,SSS] will print the time in the [SSS] time zone which does not exist.
Thus, the time will be printed in the default GMT timezone. If you wish to
include a comma in your date pattern, then simply enclose the pattern between
quotes. For example, %date{"HH:mm:ss,SSS"}.

HTH,