[logback-user] logback.xml with include

Ted Meng ted_meng at comcast.net
Wed Mar 24 08:31:57 CET 2010

Hi:

I put an include directive in my logback.xml

<configuration>
    <include file="includedConfig.xml" />
</configuration>

the "includedConfig.xml"  is in the same directory (classpath)
as the logback.xml file itself.  But logback runtime keeps saying
     [java] 03:21:41,533 |-ERROR in
ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.IncludeAction - File
[includedConfig.xml] does not exist. java.io.FileNotFoundException:
logback.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
Using a absolute path is not a choice here so I wonder what would be the
best way to do this or
maybe I misunderstand something.

Thanks

-Ted