[logback-user] Configuring SiftingAppender

Luciano Molinari lucmolinari at gmail.com
Mon May 3 14:16:54 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

I read the SiftingAppender's documentation and saw the following line:
"...
Appenders unused for 30 minutes will be automatically closed and discarded.
..."

My question is if i can confiugure this time?

I want to use SiftingAppender to create one file per "request", but one
request can take some minutes to get finished and the whole system writes
stuff about one particular request. It's such a trace log. As I can have
lots of requests, i'm afraid of get a TooManyOpenFiles IOException during
this 30 minutes interval. Does this fear proceed?

Thanks and sorry for the english.
--
Luciano Davoglio Molinari