[logback-user] Collisions between primary and included configuration files

Becker, Thomas Thomas.Becker at netapp.com
Thu May 27 15:03:49 CEST 2010

Our main logback.xml file is jarred up with our application.  We'd like
to be able to have an "override file" in which we could simply specify
the settings we wanted to be different than the main file.  I thought
about using the file inclusion feature to include the override file from
the main config, but the manual doesn't describe the behavior when the
included file and the primary file have conflicting settings (for
example a logger level).  Any ideas on how to accomplish this?  Thanks!