[logback-user] MaxHistory does not delete old files

viral viral at tlen.pl
Fri May 28 14:43:05 CEST 2010

My application is shot-lived but even if I will force it to run longer, even if I will trigger midnight event delete does not occur only renaming :
00:00:07,171 |-INFO in c.q.l.co.rolling.helper.RenameUtil - Renaming file [.\logs\log.log] to [.\logs\arch\log-2010-05-29.log]
Renaming works also on application startup which is great for me.
Thanks for answer.
Tomasz Piec
You should add the following to the beginning of your config file to see
logback's attempts, if any, at deleting the files:
<statusListener
class="ch.qos.logback.core.status.OnConsoleStatusListener" />
Is your application long-lived or short-lived? Does it come up for a
short while and shut down?