[logback-user] Can you put the logback.xml file at the ear level?

JW logback at jwhitesolutions.com
Tue Nov 2 18:13:26 CET 2010

Hello,

I currently have my logback jar files packaged at the ear level and
referenced by my manifest file.  I am looking to put the logback.xml file at
this level as well, but I am unable to get it to work.  Reading through the
archives, I thought I remember reading that this won't work and that you
have to put the logback.xml file within a jar file for it to work.  Is this
true?  Is there a way to package the logback.xml file at the ear level
without putting it in its own jar file?

Thanks for your help.

Joshua