[logback-user] Delete log file

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Thu Nov 18 18:19:29 CET 2010

On 18.11.2010 17:35, pwillems66 at zonnet.nl wrote:

> Hi Ceki,
>
> It works except for the delete. When I call the test (class) MyTest
> (multiple times) logback don't delete the log file but append it.
>
> The first time when the Logger initialize the file is truncated but not
> for the second and more times until the Logger must initialize again.

It is not clear to me what you mean by "test". Is a test the class
containing the various test methods or does "test" refer to each test
method? For example, Given the MyTest class mention in my previous post,
is MyTest the "test" or are the methods a() and b() "tests"?

If the latter, you could try,

public class MyTest {
    Logger logger = LoggerFactory.getLogger(MyTest.class);

    @Test a() {
       MDC.put("testname", "myTest_a");
       logger.info("a says hello");
    }