[logback-user] Elongated system startup-time because of Logback configuration

nikhil diwan nikhil.diwan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 19:35:00 CET 2010

Hi,

I have a startup_batch file in which I make a call to JAVA application which
is responsible for starting up my application with SWT window which displays
system running information.

Issue is the elongated start up time for application, as I executes my batch
file, it stops for a while (as if it's doing nothing) though I know that in
background batch file is loooking for logback.grrovy or logback.xml file in
the classpath then configures it, but meanwhile my SWT window is not even
started and I need to wait for around 45-50 Secs whenever I restart my
application.

As I can't afford delay in application start so I am looking for some
workaround to reduce this logback configuration time by my application
everytime.

Any helps/inputs/thoughts are welcome.

~Thanks
  Nikhil