[logback-user] Use web application name in logback configuration

Pradnya Gawade pradnya.gawade7 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 17:27:23 CET 2010

Hi,

I am having difficulty in defining the web app name property. I think I am
doing some thing wrong when specifying the value for property name from the
class implementing the PropertyDefiner interface. My configuration for
property definition looks like:

*<define name="WEBAPP"
class="org.akaza.openclinica.control.WebAppNamePropertyDefiner">
    <aProperty>webAppProperty</aProperty>
 </define>*

and the class implementing PropertyDefiner interface looks like:

*import ch.qos.logback.core.PropertyDefinerBase;
/**
 * @author pgawade Class defined to return the web application name
 */
public class WebAppNamePropertyDefiner extends PropertyDefinerBase {

    static String webAppProperty;

    public WebAppNamePropertyDefiner() {
        // super();
    }

    public WebAppNamePropertyDefiner(String webAppName) {
        if (webAppProperty == null) {
            webAppProperty = webAppName;
        }
    }

    public String getPropertyValue() {
        return webAppProperty;
    }
}*

I am not clear about what should me mentioned for element <aProperty>. Or it
should element name be actual property name? I did not get any example of
this on internet. Any inputs?
Is it possible to define multiple properties in the same class
*WebAppNamePropertyDefiner
*or there needs to be one class per property definition?

On a side note, I realized that probably I can put the web application name
in MDC context and use that variable in the configuration.

Thanks,
Pradnya