[logback-user] KnowledgeKnowledgeSession.startProcess() thread safe ?

TheMax-2 the.maxxxx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 16:09:44 CET 2010

Hello,

I wrote a micro benchmark in order to test the performance of Drools Flow
5.1.0 in single and multi-threaded environments.

And I noticed that, when 2 threads call startProcess() at the same time
(Intel Core 2 Duo CPU), the returned process instance IDs are the same.

I checked the code and it seems there is no locking mechanism in the
org.drools.process.instance.impl.DefaultProcessInstanceManager class for the
id creation.

Is this a bug or am I missing something ?

Thanks