[logback-user] log.callAppenders and DBAppender

Jon Anderson jonanderson.mn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 17:21:18 CEST 2010

I'm using the JMSTopicAppender to log events from numerous applications and
a MDB that consumes those messages and reissues the log statements just like
the example JSMTopicSink application.

The MDB side of things has a rolling file appender configured, as well as a
DBAppender.  When I issue standard log statements within the MDB, the log
statements are both appearing in the DB tables and in the file.  However,
the log statements issued by the log.callAppenders() (IE, the event from the
JMS message) are only appearing in the file, not the DB tables.  In fact,
when I trace the queries being executed, a start and stop transaction
statement is being issued for each log event, but no insert is generated.

I've assumed I have everything configured correctly, as log.info("Message")
works, but log.callAppenders(event) doesn't.   Is there some piece I am
missing?

Thanks,
Jon