[logback-user] JDK14Appender for logback: Anybody written one?

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen thunderaxiom at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 21 12:12:28 CEST 2010

Hi.

I have a situation where I have a Java EE 6 web profile application which
currently means that it needs to run in Glassfish 3.0.1.

The appropriate way to log under Glassfish 3.0.1 is using java.util.logging
which works well with slfj4-jdk14-whatever but where the _configuration_ of
the logging system inside Glassfish sucks in new and exciting ways, which I
have decided not to use.

Hence I have figured out that what would work fine for us would be to embed
logback in our application, use our usual logback configuration files which
filter out those things we don’t need anyway, and then let logback just end
up dumping the log statements actually to be logged to java.util.logging.

In other words, I need a JDK14Appender for logback.

Has anyone written such a beast?  It is not part of the standard logback
distribution L

Thanks

/Thorbjørn