[logback-user] 1.0 release date?

Ari Meyer ari.meyer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 09:33:23 CEST 2010

Jeff,

I am not trying to argue with you.  Please re-read what I wrote.  I am
simpy saying that many organizations will not allow, except for very
special circumstances, software components that are in alpha/beta stages
of development (or appear to be so, as is the case with sub-1.0
releases) to be deployed to their servers.  If some mission-critical
software has dependencies on pre-1.0 releases, that cannot be avoided.
But I cannot justify to my management the use of a pre-1.0 logback when
log4j/SLF4J is still sufficient for most purposes.  This has nothing to
do with marketing nor what I personally value.  And yes, of course I
know who Ceki is and respect all that he has done, and I have used (and
made small contributions to) log4j and SLF4J since their early releases.

Again, thanks to Ceki and all contributors,
Ari