[logback-user] 1.0 release date?

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Mon Sep 6 23:08:06 CEST 2010

On 06/09/2010 11:31 AM, Ari Meyer wrote:
> Thanks Ralph -- good to see Ceki's response to the same question, albeit
> 2 yrs earlier.  Makes me think I should have voiced my justifications
> for a 1.0 label years ago, as doubtless many people are likewise waiting
> for 1.0 to try out logback, but get by with log4j and don't press the
> issue.  Will wait to hear me directly from Ceki on this.  Thanks also
> for pointing out the issues lists.

There is no denying that people feel more comfortable with a 1.0 release
than a 0.9 release. By the same token, people are more forgiving with
breaking changes in a 0.9 release than in a 1.0 release. The extra
wiggle room had my preference in the past.

> On this note, here's something I dug up from over 3 yrs ago, including
> the "1.0 release" question: http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/08/logback.
> Again this brings me back to my related question: /Are there some
> must-have features that have yet to be implemented?/

There are no must-have features missing but I still have a few
significant improvements I'd like to make before going 1.0.