[logback-user] Antwort: Re: Logging depending on Class / Method

无所谓 yxxcrtd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 10:12:20 CEST 2010

what's your logback version?

From:  "marc.baumgartner"<marc.baumgartner at degussa-bank.de>;
Date:  Tue, Sep 21, 2010 02:38 PM
To:  "logback users list"<logback-user at qos.ch>;

Subject:  [logback-user] Antwort: Re:  Logging depending on Class / Method

Okay, I try to explain it again: I would like to setting up the loglevels not only for a package, but for a method of a class. I have no default way so it doesn't matter how to solve it. But it is important that I can configure this rules easy in the logback.xml. Of course multiple loggers would work, but I dont want to take hand on the existing code.

How could this work with markers?

I had a look into the turbo filter, and yes it works perfect. I have defined a class LoggingRule which contains the classname and functionname for the Filtering. It looks like this:

                <filter class="de.degussabank.logging.LoggingRuleFilter">
                        <loggingRule class="de.degussabank.logging.LoggingRule">
                                <clazz>D</clazz>
                                <function>method1</function>
                                <level>INFO</Level>
                        </loggingRule>
                </filter>

But the problem I how can I configure the TurboFilter easily? I expect a lot of different rules and don't want to blast my configuration file. First I thought that I could do something like include another configuration file but this only works for appenders etc. not for enclosed elements like a filter...

Is my explanation comprehendible?

Marc