[logback-user] Logback configuration

Clemens Siebler clemens.siebler at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:08:55 CEST 2011

Should be possible using the maxHistory parameter:

    <appender name="file"
class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
        <File>test.log</File>
        <encoder>
            <pattern>... </pattern>
        </encoder>
        <rollingPolicy
class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy">
            <fileNamePattern>test.log.%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.%i</fileNamePattern>
            <maxHistory>10</maxHistory>
            <timeBasedFileNamingAndTriggeringPolicy
class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.SizeAndTimeBasedFNATP">
                <maxFileSize>10MB</maxFileSize>
            </timeBasedFileNamingAndTriggeringPolicy>
        </rollingPolicy>
    </appender>