[logback-user] Logback viewer

Joern Huxhorn jhuxhorn at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 7 23:39:12 CEST 2011

You could also use the Lilith encoder for your log files:
<appender name="FILE" class="ch.qos.logback.core.FileAppender">
    <file>classic.lilith</file>
    <encoder class="de.huxhorn.lilith.logback.encoder.ClassicLilithEncoder">
        <IncludeCallerData>true</IncludeCallerData>
    </encoder>
</appender>

Lilith can handle files like this using the UI or by using cat or tail command.
The main advantage is that you can decide about the formatting of the logging event while executing cat or tail instead of during the logging.

Lilith is not able, however, to parse already formatted events.

Hope that helps,
Joern.