[logback-user] JDK14Appender for logback: Anybody written one?

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen thunderaxiom at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 14:12:23 CEST 2011

I missed this response, sorry.

The problem with this is that I would like to keep the original log message level and other meta-data, essentially using logback as a _filtering engine_ instead of having it generate final log strings.

The ConsoleAppender approach logs everything at INFO level, even If the original message was DEBUG level, loosing context for the Glassfish log tooling.

So, the JDK14Appender is still warranted and useful.

/Thorbjørn