[logback-user] Best practices for FATAL errors...

Leon Rosenberg rosenberg.leon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 01:14:15 CEST 2011

Hi,

since logback doesn't support log level FATAL I'm wondering how you
guys are separating between 'normal' errors and 'really bad' errors.
Example:
Warning: tried to insert statement into db, found key conflict,
resolved it (somehow).
Normal errors: couldn't insert the statement into db because the
encoding is invalid (or couldn't read user's file because its corrupt)
- affects one user.
Really bad errors: have no connection to db, so my further existence
is rather meaningless.

So how do you guys log fatal errors without fatal? .-)

best regards
Leon