[logback-user] Best practices for FATAL errors...

Brett Walker brett.walker at geometryit.com
Mon Aug 15 04:08:13 CEST 2011

I agree with you Chris in so much that a fatal error is really what you do about it.

And logging is to support the application. The application is really going to be doing something
atypical on a fatal error rather than an ordinary error. This needs to be highlighted in the logs.
The level of the log message should reflect the nature of the message.

Brett