[logback-user] SyslogAppender failing silently

Daniel Serodio (lists) daniel.listas at xxx.com.br
Mon Aug 15 22:40:45 CEST 2011

I'm trying to setup SyslogAppender to log to a virtual machine that's
running rsyslog, and because of a firewall rule on the VM,
SyslogAppender wasn't connecting to rsyslog, but I didn't see any errors
or warnings from Logback, even after setting a OnConsoleStatusListener.

If I change the "syslogHost" parameter to a non-existing name, I get an
error message on the console, but the same doesn't happen for a refused
connection. I expected to see some sort of notification about this problem.

Regards,
Daniel Serodio