[logback-user] Substituting class/method names in logback log files with original names when deploying obfuscated code

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Mon Dec 5 13:49:27 CET 2011

Hi Christopher,

It think writing a custom conversion specifier [1] is really the way
to go here.  Let's assume the converter is called
ObfuscatedClassConverter.  You would place the mapping in
ObfuscatedClassConverter or in some other resource that
ObfuscatedClassConverter looks up at run time. Once
ObfuscatedClassConverter has the class mapping it would output caller
class name similar to what ClassOfCallerConverter [2] does.

As discussed in [1], you can register a conversion specifier in a
configuration file. You can also register a specifier programmatically
by populating the pattern rule registry. See ConversionRuleAction [3]
for details. Alternatively, you could also access PatternLayout's
defaultConverterMap directly.

HTH,

[1] http://logback.qos.ch/manual/layouts.html#customConversionSpecifier
[2]