[logback-user] Enable Debugging Mode Programmatically?

Tony Trinh tony19 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 00:37:45 CET 2011

There are a couple ways:

1) Use StatusPrinter.printInCaseOfErrorsOrWarnings(loggerContext)<http://logback.qos.ch/apidocs/ch/qos/logback/core/util/StatusPrinter.html#printInCaseOfErrorsOrWarnings(ch.qos.logback.core.Context)>

OR

2) Load hard-coded string of configuration XML w/configuration.debug set to
'true':

static final String LOGBACK_XML =
 "<configuration debug='true'>" +
"  <appender name='FILE' class='ch.qos.logback.core.RollingFileAppender'>" +
 "    <file>foo.log</file>" +
"    <append>true</append>" +
 "    <encoder>" +
"      <pattern>%-4relative [%thread] %-5level %logger{35} -
%msg%n</pattern>" +
 "    </encoder>" +
"  </appender>" +
"  <root level='INFO'>" +
 "    <appender-ref ref='FILE' />" +
"  </root>" +
 "</configuration>"
;
 static public void configLogback() {
LoggerContext lc = (LoggerContext) LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory();
                try {
               JoranConfigurator configurator = new JoranConfigurator();
               configurator.setContext(lc);
               lc.reset();

               configurator.doConfigure(new
ByteArrayInputStream(LOGBACK_XML.getBytes()));
           } catch (JoranException je) {
               je.printStackTrace();
           }

           // you can also print the errors/warning explicitly (instead of
debug='true' in xml)
           //StatusPrinter.printInCaseOfErrorsOrWarnings(lc);
 }