[logback-user] logback console appender slow on windows xp

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Wed Dec 21 17:53:10 CET 2011

Thank you for the output of visualvm profiler. It looks like 90.4% of
the time is spent in java.io.PrintStream.write(int) called by
ch.qos.logback.core.joran.spi.ConsoleTarget. There is also some time
spent in java.io.IOException.<init>(String), i.e the constructor of
IOException.

In principle, the performance of log4j ConsoleAppender should be very
similar, although its execution path might be slightly shorter.

Which version of log4j are you using?

http://twitter.com/#!/ceki