[logback-user] Log4j to Logback migration, logback.xml question

Fabio Erculiani lxnay at sabayon.org
Tue Feb 8 12:48:23 CET 2011

Thanks both, I'm in the process of checking out XLogger, slf4j-ext and
LoggerWrapper.

While doing this, some more (maybe stupid) questions, just to clarify:

- Given what you said, I think I can't even create my own
LoggerFactory and tell logback to use it (from logback.xml). Is this
scenario possible? Because that would fix my issue. In short, I'd need
to tell logback, through logback.xml to use my implementation of
Logger.
- Is there a way (I guess no, considering what Ceki said), to set
Logger paramemters from inside <logger>, like I did in the log4j days
using <param name="foo" value="1"> ? The answer is probably obvious,
but better safe than sorry ;-).
- Given the absence of a .dtd, is there a way to figure out all the
supported parameters of logback.xml ?

Thanks a lot
--
Fabio Erculiani