[logback-user] Log4j to Logback migration, logback.xml question

Fabio Erculiani lxnay at sabayon.org
Tue Feb 8 22:46:55 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Ceki Gulcu <ceki at qos.ch> wrote:
> On 08.02.2011 12:48, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
>
> If you are familiar with log4j.xml it is fairly easy to convert a log4j.xml
> to logback.xml. The hard part is mapping log4j classes to their logback
> equivalents. (We have a tool which automates such conversions for
> log4j.properties files).

That is also written in the manual. Still you haven't answered my
questions ;-)))

> As for your Logger extensions, Markers may give you the flexibility you are
> looking for. What does your logger extension do?

I need to set a property value on my custom Logger class, and I need
to do it through logback.xml like I was able to do with log4j. If
that's not possible, fine, I'll find another way to do the same. Just
wanted to know if there would be a way from inside logback.xml.

> --
> Ceki

Fabio Erculiani