[logback-user] Logging to NT Event Log

David Roussel nabble at diroussel.xsmail.com
Thu Feb 17 17:15:32 CET 2011

Shahar,

I wrote an NT event logger once, about ten years ago. It wasn't that hard, but it's got some weird constraints. For example you must define a finite number of event types in DLL that you register. Each event type has a template message and points for values to be inserted. Then log events just specify the type and the data points.

This doesn't map that well to logback, but it's not a big problem.

Also if you DLL gets deleted then you can read those messages that are of the types that the DLL registered.

I may have got the detail wrong, as it was a long time ago I looked at it. I'm sure it's all well documented in MSDN.

David