[logback-user] tomcat configuration - jndi selector initialization printed three times

Markus Meisters markus.meisters at web.de
Tue Jan 25 21:06:07 CET 2011

Hi,

>Logback-access requires the Tomcat valve. Are you confusing
>logback-access and the JNDIContextSelector?

I want to get access log and webapplications (with jndi separation) running.

>The latter is a logback-classic feature and independent of logback-access.
>Is there a copy of slf4-api.jar or logback-classic.jar in your web-app?

not that I'm aware of :} because the goal also was to avoid to have tem within the app, but will check again.

btw. wenn I deploy the logback-demo webapp within the tomcat6 I see the message 2 times

Could this be related to threads?

Many thanks in advance
Markus