[logback-user] problems with TimeBasedRollingPolicy

Alex Vb i8c.alex at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 09:08:42 CEST 2011

I may have missed something but is there a specific reason you can't use the
date in the filename itself?

My only concern would be what happens if you don't log for a day, the first
log will trigger a roll but the rolled file may be dated incorrectly? Anyway
if that is the case you can use prudent (or something equivalent) which
doesn't actually rename the files but writes to the actual target file with
date and all.