[logback-user] FileAppender and flushing

David Roussel nabble at diroussel.xsmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:22:39 CEST 2011

Doug,

The file appender does a flush after every line, so I'm not sure why this behaviour occurs. My theory is that the file is being written to just fine, but windows (you are on windows right?) doesn't notice the changes and does notify tail programs. Try a reloading he log file in a text editor and you'll see it updating fine.

David