[logback-user] janino error upgrading to 0.9.29

Michael C Rosenstein mcr at mdibl.org
Fri Jul 8 17:01:15 CEST 2011

We are using logback-classic and logback-core in a tomcat 6.0.32
application.  Our logback.xml contains an if condition, so our
application classpath includes the following files:
	janino.jar
	logback-classic-0.9.29.jar
	logback-core-0.9.29.jar

When we try logback 0.9.29, logback is suddenly unable to find the
janino file. Tomcat reports the following error:
ERROR in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.conditional.IfAction - Could not find
Janino library on the class path. Skipping conditional processing.

The problem disappears when we put the logback 0.9.28 files back in place.

Is there something new we need to do in .29?

Thanks for your help.

/mcr