[logback-user] FW: Problem with Logback.XML

BAKHTI Mohammed onlymed at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 18:58:28 CEST 2011

From: onlymed at hotmail.com
To: logback-user at qos.ch; ceki at qos.ch
Subject: RE: [logback-user] Problem with Logback.XML
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 14:56:25 +0200

Yes here is my logback.xml

<configuration>

    <property name="InitialContextFactoryName" value="org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory" />
    <property name="TopicConnectionFactoryBindingName" value="ConnectionFactory" />

    <property file="src/main/resources/MyLogger.properties" />

<!--************************************************************************* -->
<!-- ****************************   Appenders   ******************************-->
<!--************************************************************************* -->
    <appender name="STDOUT" class="ch.qos.logback.core.ConsoleAppender">
        <encoder>
          <pattern>%date{dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm:ss.SSS} %-5level %X{userId} %X{fluxId} ${MyLogger.application.name} %X{actionPath} %X{code} %X{actionId} %message %n</pattern>
        </encoder>
    </appender>

    <appender name="JMSTrace" class="ch.qos.logback.classic.net.JMSTopicAppender">
        <InitialContextFactoryName>${InitialContextFactoryName}</InitialContextFactoryName>
        <ProviderURL>${MyLogger.jms.brokerURL}</ProviderURL>
        <TopicConnectionFactoryBindingName>${TopicConnectionFactoryBindingName}</TopicConnectionFactoryBindingName>
        <TopicBindingName>dynamicTopics/${MyLogger.jms.topic}</TopicBindingName>

        <filter class="ch.qos.logback.core.filter.EvaluatorFilter">
              <evaluator> <!-- defaults to type ch.qos.logback.classic.boolex.JaninoEventEvaluator -->
                <expression>
                (Level.ERROR.isGreaterOrEqual(event.getLevel()))
                    </expression>
              </evaluator>
              <OnMismatch>DENY</OnMismatch>
              <OnMatch>NEUTRAL</OnMatch>
        </filter>
    </appender>

    <!--Daily rolling ERROR_FILE file appender -->
    <appender name="ERROR_FILE" class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
        <FileNamePattern>${MyLogger.log.directory}/${MyLogger.application.name}_error.%exp{%d{yyyy-MM-dd_HHmm}}.log</FileNamePattern>
            <rollingPolicy class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy">
                <FileNamePattern>${MyLogger.log.directory}/${MyLogger.application.name}_error.%d{${MyLogger.log.rotation}}.log.zip</FileNamePattern>
            </rollingPolicy>

               <encoder>
                  <pattern>%date{dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm:ss.SSS} %-5level %X{userId} %X{fluxId} ${MyLogger.application.name} %X{actionPath} %X{code} %X{actionId} %message %n%replace(%caller){'Caller..', ''}</pattern>
            </encoder>

            <filter class="ch.qos.logback.core.filter.EvaluatorFilter">
                  <evaluator> <!-- defaults to type ch.qos.logback.classic.boolex.JaninoEventEvaluator -->
                    <expression>
                    (event.getLevel().isGreaterOrEqual(Level.WARN))
                    </expression>
                  </evaluator>
                  <OnMismatch>DENY</OnMismatch>
                  <OnMatch>NEUTRAL</OnMatch>
            </filter>
    </appender>

    <!--Daily rolling AUDIT_FILE file appender -->
    <appender name="AUDIT_FILE" class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
        <FileNamePattern>${MyLogger.log.directory}/${MyLogger.application.name}_audit.%exp{%d{yyyy-MM-dd_HHmm}}.log</FileNamePattern>
            <rollingPolicy class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy">
                <FileNamePattern>${MyLogger.log.directory}/${MyLogger.application.name}_audit.%d{${MyLogger.log.rotation}}.log.zip</FileNamePattern>
            </rollingPolicy>

               <encoder>
                  <pattern>%date{dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm:ss.SSS} %X{msgId} %-5level %X{userId} %X{fluxId} ${MyLogger.application.name} %X{actionPath} %X{code} %X{actionId} %message %n</pattern>
            </encoder>

                <filter class="ch.qos.logback.core.filter.EvaluatorFilter">
                      <evaluator> <!-- defaults to type ch.qos.logback.classic.boolex.JaninoEventEvaluator -->
                        <expression>
                        (Level.INFO.equals(event.getLevel()))
                        </expression>
                      </evaluator>
                      <OnMismatch>DENY</OnMismatch>
                      <OnMatch>NEUTRAL</OnMatch>
                </filter>

    </appender>

    <!--Daily rolling file DIAGNOSTIC_FILE appender -->
    <appender name="DIAGNOSTIC_FILE" class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
        <FileNamePattern>${MyLogger.log.directory}/${MyLogger.application.name}_diagnostic.log.%exp{%d{yyyy-MM-dd_HHmm}}.log</FileNamePattern>
            <rollingPolicy class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy">
                <FileNamePattern>${MyLogger.log.directory}/${MyLogger.application.name}_diagnostic.%d{${MyLogger.log.rotation}}.log.zip</FileNamePattern>
            </rollingPolicy>

               <encoder>
                  <pattern>%date{dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm:ss.SSS} %-5level %X{userId} %X{fluxId} ${MyLogger.application.name} %X{actionPath} %X{code} %X{actionId} %message %n</pattern>
            </encoder>

                <filter class="ch.qos.logback.core.filter.EvaluatorFilter">
                      <evaluator> <!-- defaults to type ch.qos.logback.classic.boolex.JaninoEventEvaluator -->
                        <expression>
                        (Level.ERROR.isGreaterOrEqual(event.getLevel()))
                        </expression>
                      </evaluator>
                      <OnMismatch>DENY</OnMismatch>
                      <OnMatch>NEUTRAL</OnMatch>
                </filter>
    </appender>

<!--*********************************************************************** -->
<!-- ****************************   Loggers   ******************************-->
<!--*********************************************************************** -->
    <logger name="entr.logger.trace">
        <level value="trace" />
        <appender-ref ref="JMSTrace" />
    </logger>

    <logger name="entr.logger.application">
        <level value="trace" />
        <appender-ref ref="STDOUT" />
        <appender-ref ref="AUDIT_FILE" />
        <appender-ref ref="ERROR_FILE" />
        <appender-ref ref="DIAGNOSTIC_FILE" />
    </logger>

    </configuration>

        //this one is used to print application logs (all the standard logback functions : info, debug...)
        applicationLogger = (Logger) LoggerFactory.getLogger("entr.logger.application");
       // this one is used to send my own log functions : mytrace(field1, field2...) to jms
        sentinelleLogger = (Logger) LoggerFactory.getLogger("entr.logger.trace");

and the idea is : the user has juste to use my static class the same way as logback .  MyLogger.trace()..... or MyLogger.Mytrace(...)

Thanks for any help