[logback-user] Release of logback v0.9.29

Lars Fischer reschifl at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 10 14:47:50 CEST 2011

Hello Ceki,

2011/6/10 Ceki Gülcü <ceki at qos.ch>:
> Hello all,
>
> I am happy to announce the release of logback version 0.9.29. Please
> refer to the news page for precise details.

Thank you for the great work!

But I have one question: version 0.9.29 no longer uses versions for
exported packages in MANIFEST.MF.
Until now I used a minimun version in my dependeing bundles.
Without any export version, I see errors like this: Unsatisfied
constraint: 'Import-Package: ch.qos.logback.core.filter;
version="0.9.28"'

What are the reasons for removing version numbers on exported packages?

Regards,
Lars