[logback-user] RollingFileAppender with compress & %i

Benoit Xhenseval bx at appendium.com
Thu Mar 3 09:23:11 CET 2011

I have commented on this (working with Deepak), what we would like to
achieve is to be able to unzip a bunch of rolled up logs in one
directory and not having them overwriting each other due to the use of
same name inside the jar.

Unless i am mistaken, the rolling zip appender does rename all files
when it is rolling over. This would make it unsuitable to rename the
files inside the zips.

So, is there a mechanism to add a timestamp (or any unique code) to
the filenames inside the jars at the time of the creation of the zip?

Many thanks

Benoît

On Wednesday, 2 March 2011, DeepakVadgama <vadgama.deepak at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have raised the JIRA as you requested.
>
> http://jira.qos.ch/browse/LBCORE-199
>

> Ceki Gulcu wrote:
>>
>> Hello Deepak,
>>
>> Please create a bug report so that this problem can be fixed.
>> --
>> Ceki
>>
>> On 02.03.2011 04:43, DeepakVadgama wrote:
>>>
>>> FixedWindowRollingPolicy with compress and %i, always zips the active log
>>> file and renames the zip
>>>
>>> Thus The log files inside all the resulting zips has same log filename.
>>>
>>> How do i ensure the log file is renamed with %i before zipping it up?
>>>
>>> Eg: FileNamePattern of MyLogFile%i.log.zip
>>>
>>> currently results in
>>> MyLogFile1.log.zip (with log file name MyLogFile.log)
>>> MyLogFile2.log.zip (with log file name MyLogFile.log)
>>> MyLogFile3.log.zip (with log file name MyLogFile.log)
>>>
>>> I want it to be
>>> MyLogFile1.log.zip (with log file name MyLogFile1.log)
>>> MyLogFile2.log.zip (with log file name MyLogFile2.log)