[logback-user] parameterized logging

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Tue Mar 8 23:00:14 CET 2011

The following test case

import org.junit.Test;
import org.slf4j.Logger;
import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;

public class A {

   @Test
   public void a() {
    Logger log = LoggerFactory.getLogger(A.class);
     String user = "chris";
     log.debug("User {} is requesting system logs", user );
   }
}

produces:
22:57:30.814 [main] DEBUG A - User chris is requesting system logs

I've got logback-classic, logback-core and slf4j-api on my classpath.

--
QOS.ch, main sponsor of cal10n, logback and slf4j open source projects,
is looking to hire talented software developers. For further details,