[logback-user] HOW TO: get UTC with offset printed in log file - not LOCAL time with offset

bob.deremer at thingworx.com bob.deremer at thingworx.com
Thu Mar 17 18:55:16 CET 2011

For the life of me I can't figure out the proper syntax for my file appender LAYOUT so that I get DATEs printed in UTC with the proper offset.  Specifically, I want the format to be:  YYYY-DD-MMTHH:mm:ss.SSS-05:00

I am using the following PATTERN_LAYOUT string:
yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.SSSZ

By using the above LAYOUT, I can get the TZ offset, but the time is still in LOCAL time and the 'T' is removed.  I'm sure this is something I'm doing wrong, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob